Thursday, January 11, 2007

OPENING UP!


Today was a day of OPENING UP! Too many times I decline to do some of the things that people ask me to do outside of my studio because I feel I must do my "WORK"! But I did take up an offer to go out for breakfast (one has to eat!!!) and once I got to my destination, the guilt was let go of! Well, this little adventure led to a wonderful day of laughter!! I mean the kind that you laugh so had that tears run down your face!! I can still see and feel that JOY!! Anyhow, it made me realize that I need to do that more often! I need to laugh like that...I need to be around other people to allow that to happen. The life of an artist and a studio is solitary...and when in the zone, there is no where else I would rather be! But, creativity can flourish with laughter, with inter mixing with others and I am opening up to that!! I will now pencil in the "down" time for the get together, the meetings with others, the lunch, the breakfast...THE LAUGHTER and THE LOVE that it brought to me and to my heart...which will spread it to the creativity I enjoy so much...So that is my wish for all who enter here today....You do not have to "suffer" for your creativity, you do not have to deny yourself the pleasure of a little free time, because by allowing it, so much more comes to your creative table!!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: