Friday, August 10, 2007

Diligence


This is my affirmation for Thursday...and I did not actually do it till 1:00 in the morning! Yes, you read that one right...that would be 1 AM!! Yesterday, I was not connecting with myself very well in the morning..I finished up a project and sent it off in the mail...went to the DMV and listened to tales of others...I slept most of the afternoon away, and then found I was not to happy about that!! It was late in the evening when my creativity made itself known to me...Late in the evening when it was quiet and a light rain was falling making beautiful music and providing a delicious breeze. As I worked on a large project, I started to connect...connect to the diligence of my evening. I was smiling deep cores of happiness, both for having myself in paint and for seeing myself in print. Feeling a wholeness for the steps that I am taking...Working in the studio, you become very aware of the fact that art is both a personal and a solitary event! So when asked why I send things out for consideration to magazines or juried galleries, I had to think about it for awhile...was it ego? was it bragging? was it fame?...As I diligently worked into the wee hours of the morning, I became very aware that I focus on details to complete my whole! To share with others, and connect in some way other than to myself with my art! To bring smiles to someones' soul, the way the paint, and the paper bring smiles to me. So as I finally connected, I realized that I was being diligent...to myself, to my whole, to my creativity and I felt a comfort wash over me allowing me to finally drift off to sleep. So that would be my wish for you today, may you focus on your small details, so that it can help you complete your whole. And my question would be:
WHAT SMALL DILIGENT STEP CAN YOU HONOR TO GIVE YOU AND YOUR CREATIVITY COMFORT?
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: