Saturday, December 2, 2006

WORKING...FOR THE HOLIDAYS!!


This is a picture of a custom POUTING CHAIR that I have just completed! I titled it:
SWEET BIRD OF LOVE and will be going off in the mail as a Christmas present soon.
I love this time of year, because I am busier than ever with custom work!! The best part about custom work is that it is being ordered and purchased for a special person from someone who loves them!! I get a little information about that person and then my visual of the piece comes to me...I have just finished up a pouting chair for a special someone and I LOVE THIS CHAIR!!!!! The pouting chair idea came to me when a friend was having a really hard time and she said.."I JUST NEED A GOOD POUT"...I found a chair that was a "time-out" looking chair and I embellished and painted and wrote this little poem..." IF THE DAY IS GOING BAD AND THINGS AREN'T WORKING OUT...SIT YOURSELF UPON THIS CHAIR AND HAVE A LITTLE POUT!"..Anyhow, the chair has become a big hit with adults as well as children....I know for sure, when I see mine, that it is almost impossible to keep having that "bad" day when I see the chair, because it is bright and cheery and just makes me SMILE...DEEP DOWN WITHIN ME SMILES! And that is my wish for you today, that you find your chair...that something that makes you smile...and chase any blues you might be having away!!
Artfully Yours,
Pattie

No comments: